Don’t get me wrong, any time of year is a good time to go to Disney World, but Halloween time in Walt Disney World takes the magic to the next level. From the middle of August to the beginning of November, Disney is transformed into a spooky wonderland that is worth the trip. That being said, if you get the chance you to go during this time, you need to go to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. There are so many special things that happen for the parties that make it worth the extra change.
1. You MUST dress up! Costumes are encouraged when you get your tickets, but when you arrive at the party tons of people of all ages are dressed up. As an adult, dressing up in Disney World brings you back and makes it even more fun for you.
2. GET ALL THE CANDY! People of all ages can trick or treat throughout the park at different “candy stations,” and it is completely free with your ticket. And those wonderful Disney cast members do not skimp you out on the treats, giving you handfuls at each stop.
3. Meet special characters. Once the party starts you have the opportunity to meet tons of different “rare” characters that only come out for special events. My mom and I met the 7 Dwarfs, which had been on our list since I was five or six years old, but you can also meet Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas and tons of different famous Disney villains. So, get those autograph books ready!
4. Try the exclusive food. There are tons of special treats offered throughout the park that you can only get during party hours. They are delicious and make for great Instagram snaps!
5. Ride Space Mountain. A handful of rides add a little extra magic to their usual programming, but Space Mountain is the can’t miss attraction. You are totally in the dark, not a single light, and it makes it all the more fun!