Fall break has sadly come to a very abrupt end. But, on the upside, with around only forty days of school plus Thanksgiving break and weekends, our semester is coming to an end! But, on the downside, so is our semester morale...
Here are forty-one tips, tricks, motivations and ideas to keep your morale high every day and beat the mid-semester ~fUnK~!
1. Drink some hot tea, maybe even try some new fall flavors! (Homemade Chai tea with almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg is my all-time fall favorite).
2. Study in a group! Being in a friendly atmosphere is more motivating and stimulates your productivity and accountability.
3. Put on a face mask, yes boys you can do this, (my go-to is the Mighty Marshmallow by BLISS). It clear your pores and mind!
4. "This is tough, but so am I."
5. Listen to classical or instrumental music while studying and/or when you are trying to fall asleep at night. The Nutcracker by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky is my favorite album to listen to during finals.
6. Grab an energizing tea at Stir Krazy off of Virginia, tea + lift-off + beauty booster or one of the protein coffees is how I stay awake and alert throughout long school weeks.
7. Exercise is always a great study break option and is a great way to boost the body's endorphins to keep your positivity high!
8. "Your only limit is your mind."
9. Take a long hot shower to relax as a study break, maybe even add a shower bomb to transport yourself to a whole new level of relaxation and renewal.
10. Get a massage from MassageEnvy. Many people hold stress in their muscles which then makes it difficult to concentrate (I believe they even give student discounts).
11. Focus on eating more fresh fruits and vegetables to avoid getting sick and lethargic.
12. "If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit."
13. Get plenty of sleep at night.
14. Try some essential oils to create a calm and positive atmosphere within your room, my favorite is peppermint and frankincense, this helps with clarity, focus, and energy levels.
15. Stay involved! Things may feel overwhelming and/or too busy, but by staying involved it keeps you more motivated to succeed. I am a full-time student, I am in a sorority and hold a position within my chapter, I work part-time at The Summit, I am involved in multiple on-campus organizations and I even make time to volunteer and have a social life!
16. "Be proud of how hard you are trying."
17. Go to the dollar store and buy bubbles, who can ever be angry with bubbles around? If this doesn't shoot your morale up, come talk to me, I think we need to have a chat... Just kidding! (Not really....)
18. Try studying off-campus, sometimes a change in environment can be very helpful in accomplishing your studies.
19. Play with Snapchat filters, they always give me a good laugh, especially the Snapchat filter games.
20. "Don't stop until you're proud."
21. IN A PILLOW, scream out your frustrations, it's not good to keep all that negative energy in!
22. Go to Target and buy your favorite snack after a long day of school and then head home to watch a movie and reward yourself for trying your absolute best!
23. School is rough, it takes a lot out of you. When you need a full rejuvenation, go to Ulta. Boys, don't be scared, you can do this one as well - Ulta is not a girl-store. Pick up some of your favorite self-care items and give yourself an at-home renewal spa day.
24. "Without struggle, there is no progress."
25. Go to the Lexington Humane Society and give your time to the animals there. Back home in Michigan, this was one of my favorite things to do during stressful times.
26. Get a squishy stress ball, those things are SO fun to have while studying!
27. Go for a night drive with your windows down a little to get some fresh air and listen to your favorite playlist.
28. "Don't adapt to the energy in the room. Influence the energy in the room."
29. Get a manicure and/or pedicure, yes boys you can do this as well! Varnish Nail Shoppe on North Limestone is my favorite salon here in Lexington.
30. Call your best friend when you're feeling like your morale is getting low. My best friend and I call each other every Sunday and give a weekly re-cap that usually ends up being us trying to make each other laugh and feel better for the week ahead.
31. "You only fail when you stop trying."
32. Avoid consuming too much sugar and caffeine, not only is it unhealthy, but it is also going to give you an energy crash when you least expect it.
33. Don't forget to take deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed.
34. "When you feel like quitting, think about why you started."
35. Go get a coloring book and a box of your favorite coloring utensils and when you are stressed or losing motivation, just color to clear your head and take time to let your mind settle.
36. Chew gum while studying. This always keeps me focused on what I am supposed to be doing.
37. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will."
38. If you do a lot of work on the computer or even if you just use your phone a lot, get a pair of blue light glasses to reduce strain and stress on your mind and eyes. I got my blue light specific pair from Amazon.com, but if you're like me and also need corrective lenses, your eye doctor and eyeglass stores such as Warby Parker can more than likely get upgrade your lenses to be blue light blocking.
39. Drink plenty of water to keep your body in full hydration, this will have benefits to your skin, mind, and will promote a better sense of overall health.
40. Remember to have fun, go make a TikTok or something!
41. "You are bigger than what is making you anxious."
I hope you try some items on this list, they help me to finish out the semester with strong morale and self-confidence to stay fabulous!
If you use anything from the above list, DM me or tag me and tell me all about the ones you've tried and how/if they helped you beat the ~fUnK~!